Friday 20 April 2012

we could just be we. forever you and me.

~
"One thing you should know no matter where I go, 
we'll always be together, forever and ever."

My children going back to school this week, reminded me of the feelings and this little project I have been working on.

With my daughter starting school this year - I was immersed in a whirlwind of the feelings.
These being the strong emotions and the ambience among children and their parents during the days of starting school for the first time.

One of my favourite children's stories is Winnie the Pooh's Most Grand Adventure. The story inspires these feelings with such beautiful sentiment. Christopher Robin and Pooh Bear wistfully daydream about times never changing and wish things could stay the same forever and ever.

Christopher reminds Pooh that ~
 "you are braver than you believe
stronger than you seem
 and
 smarter than you think"
~


I dreamt up this collection of images that portray the freedom, creativity and friendship of days spent doing as Pooh would say "nothing". These are contrasted with the feelings of formality, excitement and separation that are present when starting school.

A rite of passage worthy of celebration and reflection.

Love,

Susanna
x









6 comments:

Simone said...

Love it Susanna. You have a gorgeous eye and I love your blog. Most beautiful xx

girlythirties said...

love love love and oh yes Love... it is perfect and the bushland reminds me of Winnie the Pooh as well. The photos turned out so well... I am so pleased I got to witness it all :)

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Susanna. Really beautiful. Just as I pictured them ha ha. Love Marg xxx

Gina Gale said...

Thanks Susanna. This is one of my favourites too but I not had thought about it for years and what beautiful, inspirational words from the story and from you. I still remember that 'first day' and gald you reminded me about 'the right of passage', like many I'm sure, I long for my sweet boy to be back in the days where we spent the entire day together and my company was what he longed for most, but the 'right of passage' is to be embraced as we watch them embark on life's journey with the tools and love we have endowed - enjoying all the while, these new special milestones. Your images are beautiful.

Caroljean said...

Oh, they are all delightful, but I especially love that last set with the beautiful blue! I love Winnie the Pooh too!

Sarah Crank said...

Love love love the girls walking away reaching out for the bush! Beautiful - it really tells the story! :)

Post a Comment

 
© Sunday Gorgeous
CoffeeShop Designs